2014 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 12:28:27 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Frontier Renewal buys former Gates plant." Denver, Colorado

Denver brownfields developer Frontier Renewal buys former Gates plant

Denver Post
September 15, 2014

Denver-based Frontier Renewal on Monday said it will complete the cleanup of the former 41-acre Gates Rubber Co. plant site and prepare it for future development.

Frontier Renewal's purchase of the Gates site finally sets in motion the start of a redevelopment project that has languished for at least 13 years because of environmental contamination and financing difficulties.

"We have followed this property for a very long time, and we saw it as a perfect project for Frontier Renewal," CEO Eric Williams said.

The company on Friday closed on three parcels: 15.2 acres between Interstate 25 and the Broadway light-rail station and Mississippi Avenue along the west side of Broadway; 24 acres between I-25 and Mississippi along the east side of South Santa Fe; and 2.5 acres between Tennessee and Vanderbilt Park along the west side of Santa Fe.

for the entire article, see
http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_26537879/denver-brownfields- developer-frontier-renewal-buys-former-gates