2016 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 07:33:53 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Clarks Green [Pennsylvania] gas station suggested for brownfield program"

Clarks Green gas station suggested for brownfield program

by CLAYTON OVER
Scranton Times Tribune (PA)
October 5, 2016

Clarks Green borough officials have suggested a long-vacant gas station be included in a program to inventory and survey brownfield sites across the county.

Borough council Vice President Lynne Earley attended a public meeting at the county 911 center last month and spoke to county-contracted engineers about the former Hawk Oil Co., 101 N. Abington Road. The building has sat empty since the 1990s. Officials have long received complaints about the vacant property, Mrs. Earley said.

“We’re trying to be proactive,” Mrs. Earley said. “We would love to have a solution to it.”

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/clarks-green-gas-station-suggested-for-brownfield-program-1.2099567

Voice/Fax: 650/961-8918