2016 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 12:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Coal plant to port, Lawrenceburg, Indiana

Lawrenceburg power plant site will be Indiana’s 4th port, thanks to brownfield redevelopment company

Press Release
Ports of Indiana
October 6, 2016

The Ports of Indiana announced today that Indiana Michigan Power has agreed to sell its recently retired Tanners Creek coal plant in Lawrenceburg, Ind., to a brownfield redevelopment company that is working with the Ports of Indiana to evaluate the site for use as the state’s fourth port.

“Infrastructure critical to our state’s economy includes more than just roads,” said Governor Mike Pence. “Indiana’s ports and waterways have been tremendous catalysts for economic growth in this state for decades, and there is great potential here in southeast Indiana to develop a fourth port that will further energize our economy.”

For the entire press release, see
http://www.nkytribune.com/2016/10/lawrenceburg-power-plant-site-to-become-indianas-fourth-port-thanks-to-brownfield-redevelopment-company/

Voice/Fax: 650/961-8918