2016 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 18:13:19 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Molokai Electric Company site, Kaunakakai, Hawai'i

Kaunakakai Brownfield Cleanup

By Catherine Cluett Pactol
Molokai Dispatch (HI)
November 9, 2016

A Kaunakakai property with known contamination from operations of the former Molokai Electric Company is slated for comprehensive testing and cleanup, beginning in the coming year. Maui Electric, which inherited the company but not the site, is initiating the first steps in the effort, and shared their plans with the community last month.

“Maui Electric has never operated out of this site, we inherited the site, but we want to make sure we get the site cleaned up and ready to be repurposed into something else,” said Greggory Kresge, Maui Electric environmental compliance engineer.

https://themolokaidispatch.com/kaunakakai-brownfield-cleanup/

Voice/Fax: 650/961-8918