2017 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 08:02:56 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "NASA seeks developers to build 1, 930 housing units plus retail in Mountain View, " California

[Note: This is directly above the Moffett-MEW TCE Plume]

NASA seeks developers to build 1,930 housing units plus retail in Mountain View

by Luke Stangel
Silicon Valley Business Journal (CA)
September 1, 2017

NASA this week unveiled a plan to build and operate at least 1,930 new rental units and 100,000 square feet of retail space at NASA Ames, saying it will put out a formal request for proposals to real estate developers in the coming months.

The agency is setting aside 45 acres for the project. NASA is giving first preference on housing to employees and students at NASA Ames, and people who work nearby.

Ten percent of the units will be subsidized for low-income residents.

"Housing in Silicon Valley is in high demand, and there's a significant need for our employees and our community to have more options," Ames Center Director Eugene Tu said in a statement. "Plus, this housing will mitigate some of the increasing traffic and air emissions in the region."

..

For the entire article, see
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2017/09/01/nasa-seeks-developers-to-build-1-930-housing-units.html

Executive Director