2018 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 11:50:38 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Cleanup officials say Whittaker-Bermite to be cleared by year’s end," Santa Clarita, California

Cleanup officials say Whittaker-Bermite to be cleared by year’s end

by Perry Smith
Santa Clarita Valley Signal (CA)
March 9, 2018

The cleanup of close to 1,000 acres of contaminated soil at Whittaker-Bermite is still on track to wrap up by year’s end, with just a dozen isolated pockets needing particular attention, according to the cleanup efforts’ engineers.

“I am very happy to tell you that by the end of the year we will be done,” Hassan Amini, project manager with the cleanup firm GSI Environmental, told the stakeholders and about a dozen citizens.

The Whittaker-Bermite Multi-Jurisdictional Task Force Meeting gave the update at Santa Clarita City Hall this week regarding the 996 acres near the center of Santa Clarita.

…

For the entire article, see
https://signalscv.com/2018/03/cleanup-officials-say-whittaker-bermite-cleared-years-end/

Executive Director