2018 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 14:37:33 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Textile mill sites in the Carolinas

'Eyesores and blights': New life for old York, Chester, Lancaster textile mill sites?

BY JOHN MARKS
Rock Hill Herald (SC)
May 03, 2018 01:29 PM

Mills made communities in York, Chester and Lancaster counties. Now federal money could have those sites making something new again.

But first, it will take work.

The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will dole out $600,000 in the next three years to assess so-called "brownfield" sites in York, Chester, Lancaster and Union counties. It's the second time Catawba Regional Council of Governments received such a grant. In all, the EPA granted $54.3 million for projects nationwide, including seven in South Carolina and 11 in North Carolina.

"Our job is to assess the sites, determine the level of contamination, if any, and put together a cleanup plan and a cost estimate for as many sites as we can," said Robby Moody, regional council senior planner.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.heraldonline.com/news/local/article210128814.html

Executive Director