2019 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 23:35:42 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Former Beckjord Power Station along the Ohio River in Clermont County's Pierce Township, Ohio

Partner selected for redevelopment of former power plant

by Chris Wetterich
Cincinnati Business Courier (OH)
April 17, 2019

Detroit-based Walbridge has been selected by St. Louis-based Commercial Liability Partners to help it redevelop the massive former Beckjord Power Station along the Ohio River in Clermont County's Pierce Township.

CLP is currently cleaning up the former Duke Energy power plant, a process that could take up to four years. Crafting redevelopment plans is the next step, so Walbridge’s selection is a key milestone in the project. CLP also has renamed the site Progress Point.

“When we took on the responsibility to remediate the former Beckjord site our ultimate goal - and the goal of the community - was to find a redevelopment partner who could help breathe new life into the retired plant and bring in new economic development opportunities,” said CLP CEO Ron Froh.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2019/04/17/partner-selected-for-redevelopment-of-former-power.html

Executive Director