2019 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 11:57:37 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Franklin [Indiana] Homeowners: EPA failed to adequately warn of toxins and risk"

Franklin Homeowners: EPA failed to adequately warn of toxins and risk

by SANDRA CHAPMAN
WTHR TV News (Indianapolis, IN)
MAY 9, 2019

FRANKLIN, Ind.  - Franklin homeowners say they were left in the dark by the EPA and other government agencies set up to protect them.

Dozens took up an offer to meet with a team from the Office of the Inspector General to talk about the lack of warnings over toxins in their neighborhood.

"No one told us. I'm frustrated. I'm angry. I'm hurt," explained Kathy Carlson, a 40-year resident of Franklin.

"No one told me that my kids were being exposed. No one told my neighbors we were being exposed," said a tearful Kari Rhinehart, co founder of the grassroots group "If It Was Your Child."

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.wthr.com/article/franklin-homeowners-epa-failed-adequately-warn-toxins-and-risk

Executive Director