2019 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 23:31:09 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Sporlan Valve Plant, Washington, Missouri

Former Sporlan Plant On EPA Priority List — Cleanup Will Be Expedited

By Gregg Jones
Missourian
May 17, 2019

A hazardous waste site in Washington has been added to a federal priority list that could expedite cleanup.

The Sporlan Valve Plant 1 Superfund Site, located at 611 E. Seventh St., was added to the Superfund Program’s National Priorities List (NPL), the EPA announced Monday.

…

Skornia explained that the EPA has shown TCE groundwater contamination and vapors in homes.

“They oversaw mitigation fans to get (TCE) levels below what the EPA saw as harmful,” he added. “We have been working with the EPA because we believe it’s the best solution to get it cleaned up and protect everyone in that area.”
…

For the entire article, see
http://www.emissourian.com/local_news/washington/former-sporlan-plant-on-epa-priority-list-cleanup-will-be/article_73c5274c-7714-11e9-85c5-0727579514b6.html

Executive Director