2019 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 15:19:49 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Black Mountain," Indianapolis, Indiana

EPA money to help with testing of hazardous waste on Indy’s ‘Black Mountain’ property

BY COURTNEY CROWN
Fox 59 TV News (Indianapolis, IN)
JUNE 11, 2019

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -- "Black Mountain" is an eyesore for people living in the near east side, especially those in the Englewood and Christian Park neighborhoods.

The area is the dumping grounds for 200,000 tons of contaminated sand from the former Daimler-Chrysler foundry operations.

The good news about the waste is the city's Department of Metropolitan Development said extensive testing did not find danger for neighbors.

"Most people would assume that it was contaminated," said Emily Mack, director of DMD. "It actually was good fill material."

…

For the entire story, see
https://fox59.com/2019/06/11/epa-money-to-help-with-testing-of-hazardous-waste-on-indys-black-mountain-property/

Executive Director