2021 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 18:27:48 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Consumers Energy unveils ‘win-win’ solar project on former Cadillac [Michigan] brownfield property"

Consumers Energy unveils ‘win-win’ solar project on former Cadillac brownfield property

BY ANDY BALASKOVITZ
Western Michigan Business News
July 20, 2021

CADILLAC — Consumers Energy has unveiled a new “brownfield to brightfield” solar project that converted formerly abandoned industrial property into a clean energy power source.

On Monday, the Jackson-based utility announced its Cadillac Solar Gardens project, a nearly 500-kilowatt “community solar” installation with battery storage that’s available to Consumers customers by subscription.

“Cadillac Solar Gardens represents yet another bold step in our efforts to lead the clean energy transformation,” Lauren Youngdahl Snyder, Consumers Energy’s vice president for customer experience, said in a statement. “As Consumers Energy’s first Brownfield to Brightfield project and our third solar power plant, this project will help us protect our planet, spur economic development in this community, and allow us to provide cleaner, more reliable energy across the state. It also builds on our strong and ongoing commitment to providing low-cost solar energy to our customers. Bottom line — it’s a win-win for all involved.”

…

For the entire article, see
https://mibiz.com/sections/energy/consumers-energy-unveils-win-win-solar-project-on-former-cadillac-brownfield-property

—