2005 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 22 Sep 2005 14:35:02 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Pease AFB (NH) as a model

Pease to serve as example of base-closure recovery

By Shir Haberman
Portsmouth Herald (NH)
September 22, 2005

PORTSMOUTH - Pease Development Authority Executive Director George Bald said several communities about to experience military base closures as a result of this year’s BRAC process have already visited the local tradeport to see how New Hampshire handled the challenge.

"A number of other communities facing base closures have visited Pease," Bald told Gov. John Lynch and members of the Executive Council during one of their twice-monthly meetings at the Seacoast Science Center in Rye Wednesday. "Representatives from New London (Conn.) and Brunswick (Maine) have been here. Having been involved in a base closure, we are willing to share our knowledge of what we’ve done here."

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/09222005/news/64147.htm

-- Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 http://www.cpeo.org _______________________________________________ Installation_Reuse_Forum mailing list Installation_Reuse_Forum@list.cpeo.org http://www.cpeo.org/mailman/listinfo/installation_reuse_forum