2005 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 3 Dec 2005 08:39:54 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Ft. Belvoir (VA) growth local impact

Town Meeting Held on Impact of BRAC
Officials frustrated with lack of information on location and direction
of new personnel.

Gale Curcio
Mount Vernon Gazette (VA)
December 1, 2005

Show me the data.

Mount Vernon District Supervisor Gerry Hyland once again made this
request to Leon Marshall, BRAC Implementation Leader at last week's BRAC
Public Meeting.
Comparing a bowl of Jell-O that if squeezed a little comes out on either
side, Hyland said that until they know what the mix is of civilian and
military and more importantly where they're coming from or where they'll
be working, it's hard to make any decision on transportation.

A quick list shows that they will need at least $350 million to make
transportation improvements.

"Somebody has to make those improvements. It's clear that we can't make
BRAC work unless an implementation plan is put into place," Hyland said.
"We can't wait until the 12 of Never. The Post has been tasked to
determine where the 21,000 people are coming from - it's important to
know where they're going to go so we know where to put transportation...."

For the entire article, see
http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=59468&paper=69&cat=104