2005 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 22 Dec 2005 19:43:03 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Savanna Depot (IL) reuse

Savanna depot redevelopment seeks vision

By Abbie Reese
Quad-City Times
December 22-2005

SAVANNA, Ill. — Proposals continue to come in for land that's cheap and buildings with potential at the former Savanna Army Depot, but the board that overseas the depot’s redevelopment is growing savvier and more wary.

The Jo-Carroll Depot Local Redevelopment Authority’s economic development committee mulled over the latest expressions of interest, tabled some offers, agreed to proceed with caution on others and grilled a would-be suitor Tuesday.

Ultimately, members agreed that they need to figure out what they really want before they can entertain any more plans and determine if they are compatible.

"There's got to be this synergy to what goes on," said Ed Olds, an LRA board member. "Part of the problem is we have not had a viable master plan. We have that thing the Army made us put together, and it’s really not very useful."

http://www.qctimes.net/articles/2005/12/21/news/local/doc43a8edfe41f7a783175696.txt