2006 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 7 Jul 2006 16:34:03 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Ingleside Navy Base (TX) closing date

Ingleside: Base shuts on 9/30/10

Local interests say planning for future can start in earnest

By Fanny S. Chirinos
Corpus Christi Caller-Times (TX)
July 7, 2006

A year ago, the question was whether Naval Station Ingleside would close. Since December, the question has been: When? Now, the answer is expected to be Sept. 30, 2010.

Jimmy Anderson, director of the Navy's BRAC Program Management Office, said an announcement of the official date is expected next week. Federal employees had heard, and Anderson confirmed, that the date is expected to be Sept. 30, 2010. As word of the date spreads, many of the feelings of uncertainty have been replaced with anticipation of what will come.

"I think we're past the economic slump," said Josephine Miller, executive director of the San Patricio County Economic Development Corp. "Business slowed down when Ingleside's closure was announced, but we're busy, busy, busy. It's picked up again and we're moving. We've got plenty of planning time and plenty of options."

http://www.caller.com/ccct/local_news/article/0,1641,CCCT_811_4828258,00.html