2006 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 28 Jul 2006 07:36:28 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Ft. Ord (CA) shopping vision

Seaside envisions open-air shopping
San Jose's Santana Row provides template for Main Gate center

By SUKHJIT PUREWAL
Monterey Herald (CA)
July 27, 2006

How far have development visions on Fort Ord come?

Would you believe Santana Row, or at least a miniature version of San Jose's wildly popular outdoor shopping center?

That's the plan for a patch of dirt that belongs to the city of Seaside at the Main Gate exit off Highway 1 -- an open-air shopper's mecca.

"We are looking for a similar flavor," said Fran Coen, development executive with Clark Realty Capital. "In addition to the shopping center, we'd have pedestrian-only streets with public gathering spaces between shops."

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/news/15133759.htm
--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org