2007 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 25 Apr 2007 20:53:07 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Ft. Lawton Army Reserve Base, Seattle, Washington

Ft. Lawton reuse plan on 'pause'

By Russ Zabel
Queen Anne News/Magnolia News (Seattle, WA)
April 24, 2007

This Fort Lawton building on 36th Avenue West near Fort Street is up for grabs.

The city was supposed to present a draft plan for future uses of the Fort Lawton Army Reserve base last week at a community meeting in Magnolia. However, there was no draft plan, announced Linda Cannon, deputy director of the city's Office of Intergovernmental Relations.

The problem, she explained, is that shortly after the April 19 meeting notices went out, the Army called the city expressing concerns about not being able to sell off as much of the property as possible to private developers.

"Until we're clear on that, we're just going to pause on starting the reuse plan," Cannon said. The city has had two initial conversations with the Army, and there will be more, she added.

http://www.zwire.com/site/tab1.cfm?newsid=18256242&BRD=855&PAG=461&dept_id=513931&rfi=6