2007 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2007 05:15:32 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] "Time to cooperate on NS Ingleside" (TX)

Time to cooperate on NS Ingleside

Opinion
U.S Rep. Solomon P. Ortiz
Corpus Christi Caller Times
August 2, 2007

The thing I hear most from my Coastal Bend constituents recently is: "When is the area leadership going to stop fighting about the makeup of a Local Redevelopment Authority and get 'er done?"

I tell them I share that frustration, and that I have made myself available to everyday citizens, local elected officials — anyone who has reached out to find a way forward for our community to agree on the makeup of an LRA so we can begin the process of finding our way beyond Base Closure.

Last week and this week, I have felt more hopeful than I have to date on our progress in this matter ... but still there is disappointment. Several local leaders are either opposed to, or undecided on, how to populate the governing board of the LRA. Still... two and a half years later.

For the entire column, see
http://www.caller.com/news/2007/aug/02/time-cooperate-ns-ingleside/