2007 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2007 19:08:39 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Letterkenny Depot (PA) animal shelter

OUR VIEW: Proposed donation of land is welcome

Editorial by Becky Bennett
Chambersburg Public Opinion (PA)
October 9, 2007

Kudos to the Chambersburg Area School District and Superintendent Joe Padasak for the idea of donating district-owned land near Letterkenny Army Depot for a relocated animal shelter.

Of course it's not a done deal and there are questions to be answered but it reflects the kind of thinking we could use more of in our community.

The Cumberland Valley Animal Shelter has been looking for a new home since CSX railroad announced plans to build a truck-rail yard next door on Country Road in Guilford Township. The school district land is part of 1,400 acres the depot is required, under 1995 federal base closure commission orders, to return to the community.

For the entire editorial, see
http://www.publicopiniononline.com/opinion/ci_7127806