2007 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 12 Nov 2007 00:10:16 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Transit for Aberdeen Proving Ground (MD)

New Edgewood MARC station planned

By Mary Gail Hare
Baltimore Sun (MD)
November 11, 2007

The weathered trailer and small cinderblock building that have served as the Edgewood MARC train station since 1991 will be replaced by a $4.2 million facility.

At an open house last week at the Edgewood Community Center, state transit officials unveiled the proposed design, which features an automated ticket counter, a sheltered waiting area, restrooms and a landscaped path to the platform.

Before breaking ground sometime in 2009, MTA officials are seeking public input.

"The idea is to bring concepts to the public so they can look at what we have proposed," said Harry J. Romano II, Maryland Transit Administration project manager. "Nothing is set in stone. We want to address people's concerns."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/harford/bal-ha.station11nov11,0,3687576.story