2007 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 16 Nov 2007 16:58:03 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Ft. Belvoir (VA) hospital construction

New Belvoir Hospital Underway
Advanced facility only one part of an overall BRAC plan

Chuck Hagee
Mount Vernon Gazette (VA)
November 14, 2007

With ever increasing serious injuries from the wars in Iraq and
Afghanistan putting additional demands on existing medical facilities,
military and civilian leaders gathered at Fort Belvoir Nov. 8 to
officially begin construction of one of the most advanced hospitals in
the nation.

"This groundbreaking defines who we are. We will spare no expense in
restoring health to our wounded military. This is just one piece of a
capital area plan to raise the bar on health care for our military,"
said Maj. Gen. Eric B. Shoomaker, M.D., Commanding General, North
Atlantic Regional Medical Command, at the construction commencement
ceremony for the new Ft. Belvoir DeWitt Community Hospital.

http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=90484&paper=69&cat=104