1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: ceaspa@nicarao.apc.org
Date: 22 Jan 1995 06:36:47
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: MORE EFFICIENT SAMPLING

Lenny Siegel
Pacific Studies Center
and members of CAREER/PRO military environment issues conference

Dear Lenny and colleagues:

First of all a big THANK YOU for running and participating in the
conference. There are many items that are relevant to us in
Panama. We are able to pass them on the people interested who
can use the information, for example in the technical committee
that is helping to prepare Panama's negotiating strategy and
technical back up for the implementation of the environmental
provisions of the Panama Canal Treaties. This committee meets
twice a month, with subcommittees meeting more frequently on
particular topics.

Here in CEASPA we would like to set up an Environmental BBS for
local use, as a medium for disseminating and accessing
information and communications pertaining to environmental
issues. We have a project proposal elaborated, that would
involve purchasing of computer hardware and software,
installation and training, setting up of the BBS and test running
until proven functional. This work would take 3 months from date
of receipt of the equipment, and cost a total of US$10,000. (If
we could get funds fast, it would be less, as we could buy
equipment and software second hand).

We would like your suggestions on funding for this. Please let
us know if you can help.

Thanks very much, Charlotte Elton
Director of CEASPA
Apartado 6-133, El Dorado, Panama, Panama
Tel: (507) 26-6602, 26-4529
fax: (507) 26-5320