1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: gkripke@Essential.ORG
Date: 09 Feb 1995 07:25:52
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: 1996 Military Construction Approp.

Posting from Gawain Kripke <gkripke@Essential.ORG>

RE: Milcon Approps Hearings

Lenny is right. Mr. Burkhard is right. Everybody is right. Hearings on
the FY96 Military Construction appropriation will start shortly, probably
in March or April. There may already have been some hearings related to
rescission of FY95 funding or the Contract with America. However, the
hearings usually are not printed for some time (they are edited, provided
for review to the witnesses and Members of Congress, etc.) In all
likelihood, they will be available before the FY96 budget year begins in
October of 1995, but not necessarily before the key Congressional votes
and decisions are made.

Hope that's helpful.

Gawain Kripke
Friends of the Earth