1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marylia.kelley@environet.org
Date: 17 May 1995 16:43:03
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Call-In May 23, 24

Hi -- I hope this is going out to the whole career-pro bulletin board of users.
The enclosed file contains a reminder and text regarding the National Call-In
days May 23 and 24. The news out of DC is precarious at best re: the FY 1996
budget for cleanup at DOE and DOD facilities. It is very important that the
National Security (House) Committee hear from those of us who live around these
facilities and will be DIRECTLY affected by unwise budget cuts. Here is the file...

>From marylia.kelley@environet.org Fri Apr 14 12:02:32 1995

Dear people who care about environmental restoration:

You are invited--and needed--to participate in a national call-in to save the
environmental cleanup budget.

The goal is to get hundreds--hopefully thousands--of people who live around
DOE and DOD sites to call in on May 23 and May 24 to their state's member on
the National Security Committee to emphasize the importance of cleanup of
military sites.

Please take the ascii text and reproduce it in a pretty typeface onto a flyer
and circulate it to your group, allied groups and amongst your friends. Call
Marylia Kelley at (510) 443-7148 or contact me at Marylia.Kelley@environet.org
if you have any questions.

 HELP GET THE WORD OUT....CALL-IN.....

Save Environmental Cleanup!
National Call-In Days
Tuesday, May 23 & Wednesday, May 24
(202) 224-3121

All across America communities that have hosted military facilities sacrificed
their air, water and soil to toxic and radioactive pollutants.

Now, the clean up budget--the dollars needed to clean up these dangerous
sites--is under attack in Congress. The military budget as a whole is rising,
so it's not a lack of funds, but, rather, a matter of priorities.

Our government has made promises to our communities affected by the Energy
Department's nuclear weapons complex and the Defense Department bases and
related sites. We, who live in the shadows of these facilites, must hold our
government accountable.

Join with hundreds--perhaps thousands--of people in communities and situations
like yours in this National Call-In to save the cleanup budget. Get members of
your organization to pledge to Call-In. Involve your friends and neighbors.
Together, we can make a difference!

Tell the House National Security Committee that our environment and the health
of our communities is your number one priority! Tell the Committee member from
your state to save environmental cleanup!

 CALL THE CONGRESSIONAL SWITCHBOARD
 (202) 224-3121
 ASK FOR THE NATIONAL SECURITY MEMBER FROM YOUR STATE.
 OR CALL THE COMMITTEE CHAIR.
(Check the National Security Committee list that follows for the Rep.(s)
fromyour state.)

 House Committee Memberships
 104th Congress 1995/96
CHOOSE THE COMMITTEE MEMBER(S) FROM YOUR STATE TO CALL TO SAVE THE
ENVIRONMENTAL CLEANUP BUDGET. IF YOUR STATE DOES NOT HAVE A MEMBER LISTED;
CALL: FLOYD SPENCE (R-SC), THE CHAIRPERSON

 COMMITTEE ON NATIONAL SECURITY
 2120 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, DC 20515
 SWITCHBOARD (202) 224-3121

 Republicans Democrats

 Floyd D. Spence (SC), Chmn. Ronald V. Dellums (CA)
 Bob Stump (AZ) G.V. "Sonny" Montgomery (MS)
 Duncan Hunter (CA) Patricia Schroeder (CO)
 John R. Kasich (OH) Ike Skelton (MO)
 Herbert H. Bateman (VA) Norman Sisisky (VA)
 James V. Hansen (UT) John Spratt, Jr. (SC)
 Curt Weldon (PA) Solomon P. Ortiz (TX)
 Robert Dornan (CA) Owen B. Pickett (VA)
 Joel Hefley (CO) Lane Evans (IL)
 H. James Saxton (NJ) John Tanner (TN)
 Randy Cunningham (CA) Glen Browder (AL)
 Stephen Buyer (IN) Gene Taylor (MS)
 Peter Torkildsen (MA) Neil Abercrombie (HI)
 Tillie Kidd Fowler (FL) Chet Edwards (TX)
 John McHugh (NY) Frank Tejeda (TX)
 James Talent (MO) Martin Meehan (MA)
 Terry Everett (AL) Robert Underwood (GU)
 Roscoe Bartlett (MD) Jane Harman (CA)
 Buck McKeon (CA) Paul McHale (PA)
 Ron Lewis (KY) Pete Geren (TX)
 J.C. Watts (OK) Pete Peterson (FL)
 Mac Thornberry (TX) William Jefferson (LA)
 John Hostettler (IN) Rosa DeLauro (CT)
 Saxby Chambliss (GA) Mike Ward (KY)
 Van Hilleary (TN) Patrick Kennedy (RI)
 Joe Scarborough (FL)