1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: gkripke@Essential.ORG
Date: 14 Jun 1995 13:36:26
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: CONGRESSIONAL LETTER SUPPORTS DERA

Posting from Gawain Kripke <gkripke@Essential.ORG>

Aimee,

This is a great letter -- just the kind of thing they need to see on
Capitol Hill. I hope other RABs pick up on this and get going.

I did want to mention to you, however, that the Studds-Ehrlich letter will
likely be closed to future signers in the next day or two and sent to the
Appropriations Committee. For this reason, by the time members of
Congress get your RAB letter, it may be too late to sign the
Studds-Ehrlich letter. This is not critical - because even if they are
too late to sign Studds-Ehrlich, they can write their own. But you might
want to suggest that, rather than focusing on the Studds-Ehrlich letter.
Something like, "Please contact National Security Appropriations
Subcommittee Chairman C.W. Young and ask him to fully fund the Defense
Environmental Restoration Account."

Also, just one word about timing. The National Security Subcommittee is
scheduled to "mark up" its bill the last week of June. So letters should
be sent soon.

Good work.

Gawain Kripke
Friends of the Earth