1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: prvasicek@EFANW.NAVFAC.NAVY.MIL
Date: 01 Aug 1995 10:06:41
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: REQUEST FOR RAB ADDRESSES

Posting from "Patrick R. Vasicek" <prvasicek@EFANW.NAVFAC.NAVY.MIL>

Aimee and Lenny,
 I have not disregarded Lenny's e-mail to me regarding RAB addresses
and members several weeks ago. The problem is that, although my department
handles the entire Navy Restoration program for the five Northwest states,
RAB's (and community relations in general) are the responsibility of the
installation Commanding Officers. We assist them quite a bit, and send an
RPM (at a minimum) to every meeting. The bureaucratic bottom line is that I
don't have the authority to release names and addresses to anyone. But you
certainly could easily correspond with the bases direct, and I would expect
that they would help you out.
 Presuming that your motives are above board (as I believe they are),
I would be happy to talk to them if they are unwilling to release the info.
 I doubt that any of my activities subscribe to your bulletin board,
so it may be necessary to contact them through other means. Major activities
with RAB's include: Naval Station Puget Sound (Sand Point, WA), Naval Air
Station, Whidbey Island, WA, Naval Submarine Base, Bangor, WA, Naval
Shipyard Puget Sound, Bremerton, WA (Covers also Fleet Industrial Supply
Center, Puget Sound - on separate NPL listing), Jackson Park Housing Complex,
Bremerton, WA, Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division, Keyport, WA, Naval
Ordnance Center Pacific Division, Port Hadlock, WA, Naval Air Station, Adak,
AK and the Aleutian Island RAB (Both Alaska RAB's in formation stages).
 Patrick Vasicek