1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: zweifel@nexus.chapman.edu
Date: 24 Oct 1995 20:24:36
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: CALEPA Environmental Advisory Grp for mil. base closure

Posting from Don Zweifel <zweifel@nexus.chapman.edu>

To all interested parties:

Our advisory board met on 18-19 Oct. '95 at a recently closed army facility,
Fort Mason in San Francisco. Ca. This installation has been converted
into a beautiful national park.

The first item on the agenda actually overshadowed all the other concerns.

Our discussion revolved around the viability and relevancy of the
advisory panel vis a vis with the CALEPA. Whether we were to be
proactively involved in remediation oversight or perhaps devolving into an
ancillary appendage. Or in other words continuing to be a watchdog and
not being transformed into a lapdog.

Many advisory panels and restoration advisory boards have a tendency to
gravitate in the direction of the latter due to inertia. A constant vigil
must of necessity be maintained to obviate this effectively. Our advisory
group, after a great amount of soul-searching appears to have
succeeded in this endeavor.

More later...
 Don Zweifel
 CALEPA ADV GRP