1996 CPEO Military List Archive

From: C940533@alumnes.esade.es
Date: 22 Feb 1996 00:11:00
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: unsubscribe

 please delete my name c940533@alumnes.esade.es

__________________________ Separador de respuesta ______________________________
Asunto: Fort Ord News Item (2-20
Autor: Conference "cpro.military" <careerpro@igc.org> en INTERNET
Fecha: 21/2/96 20:32

From: "Linda Vrabel" <Linda_Vrabel@qmgate.arc.nasa.gov>

 RE>Fort Ord News Item (2-20-96) 2/21/96

Please delete my name from this mail service.
Thankyou.
Linda Vrabel

--------------------------------------
Date: 2/20/96 4:49 PM
To: Linda Vrabel
From: cpro.military
2-20-96

FROM: Curt Gandy, Fort Ord Toxics Project, Director < cgumbi@aol.com >
TO: Kelley Luker, Metro Santa Cruz, Reporter < kluker@livewire.com >

SUBJECT: Fort Ord News Item (2-20-96)

Dear Kelley,

Please send me a copy of the Public Service Announcement (PSA) you received,
regarding the Army#018#s Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement
(DSEIS) public hearing being held on 2-26-96, in Monterey. I understand
that the Fort Ord Toxics Project, and myself as the Director, were referred
to in this PSA.

Also, I would like to receive a copy of your article regarding the above
mentioned public hearing

I appreciate your contacting me, and the subsequent telephone interview
regarding FOTP#018#s concerns regarding the Army#018#s closure, cleanup, and
conversion of the former Fort Ord Army base. To be precise, Fort Ord is now
under the control of the Presidio of Monterey (POM) Army command, and is
designated as the Presidio of Monterey Annex (POMA).

I will Fax to you two additional public meeting notices for your information:

1. Congressman Sam Farr#018#s #019#Santa Cruz Town-meeting on the Fort Ord
Conversion#020# on Saturday, (2-24-96), from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM, at the Aptos
Library.

2. The community#018#s #019#Fort Ord Restoration Advisory Board#020# monthly
meeting on
Thursday, (2-22-96), from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM, at the #019#Community Club#020#
(the
former Non-Commissioned Officers Club) just inside the main gate, on the
former Army base.

Thank you for your interest in the closure, cleanup, and conversion of Fort
Ord.

Sincerely,

CURT GANDY
Director, Fort Ord Toxics Project