1996 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@igc.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 12:38:26 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Chemical Warfare Agents in Natick, MA

From: Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@igc.org>

Classified material is not supposed to be on library shelves. I can
recall materials actually being pulled from shelves when they were
declared classified after being on the Stanford Library shelves as
unclassified. In fact, some "unclassified" material is kept off library
shelves because it is designated for "no foreign dissemination."

On the other hand, some classified materials become declassified after
they are reviewed after a long period of time.

For information on the classification system and other secrecy issues,
contact the Federation of American Scientists. If you need it, I can
dig up a contact.

Lenny