1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@igc.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 10:25:14 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: JUST MODERATING AND FACILITATING

JUST MODERATING AND FACILITATING

Lately there has been some confusion as to who authors and/or edits the
information that appears on the newsgroup. Let me see if I can
clear this up.

Some of you may recall that early in this newsgroup's life we had a few
random postings ragarding the sale of Russian brides to deserving men
in other countries (a worthwhile endeavor for some, but not the focus
of this newsgroup) and occasionally people would respond to the
general newsgroup, when in fact, they should have sent an email
directly to the person they were addressing.

The only way that we could ensure that the information you receive
from the cpro.military Internet newsgroup stays on the topic of
environmental cleanup at federal facilities was to have all postings
come through me (Aimee Houghton).

Officially, I am the moderator of this newsgroup and as such facilitate
the expeditious posting of all newsgroup communication. Here is how
the process works:

1. I receive a posting that is addressed to <careerpro@igc.org>
2. I resend the posting, with an approval code, back to the conference
3. I DO NOT edit or alter any documents
4. Almost always the name of the person who authored or sent the
document originally appears at the top of the posting
5. Occasionally my name MAY appear on the top of the document, however,
that does not mean I am the author. This happens because I moderate
the conference
6. If I author a document my name appears on both the top and the
bottom of the document.

This newsgroup was designed as a public forum for people to express
their opinions, post information, share successes and setbacks, ask
questions, and just plain discuss ideas. The best way to respond to
something you either agree or disagree with is to post your
information, opinion, experience, etc.

Hope this helps to clarify the process. Please respond with any
questions, concerns, etc.

Aimee Houghton