1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Laura Olah" <olah@speagle.com>
Date: 21 May 1997 11:52:59
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: LOOKING FOR COMMUNITY POINTS OF CONTACT

CLARIFICATION

These sites have been identified as having activities similar to the
Massachusetts Military Reservation, the site of the EPA's recent
cease-fire order.

We would like to organize a list for future action alerts specific to
this type of military activity (i.e. training activities, and more
specifically, open detonation/firing of conventional munitions).

The principal intent is to help folks find each other in the event they
need support on these issues.

Sorry we didn't clarify the first time around. The list is below, in
case you missed it the first time.

THANKS!

Laura Olah
Citizens for Safe Water Around Badger

Please respond to:
this newsgroup (careerpro@igc.org) or to olah@speagle.com

Alaska -- Fort Greely, Fort Richardson, Fort Wainwright
Alabama -- Fort McClellan
Arkansas -- Camp Joseph T. Robinson (state owned), Fort Chaffee
Arizona -- Florence Military Reservation, Fort Huachuca
California -- Camp Roberts, Fort Hunter Liggett, Fort Irwin, Fort Ord
(mortar only)
Colorado -- Fort Carson
Florida -- Camp Blanding
Georgia -- Fort Benning, Fort Gordon, Fort Stewart
Hawaii -- Schofield Barracks
Idaho -- Gowan Field (Boise)
Indiana -- Camp Atterbury
Kansas -- Fort Riley
Kentucky -- Fort Campbell, Fort Knox
Louisiana -- Fort Polk
Massachusetts -- Camp Edwards, Fort Devens (mortar only)
Michigan -- Camp Grayling (state owned)
Minnesota -- Camp Ripley (state owned)
Missouri -- Fort Leonard Wood
Mississippi -- Camp Shelby
Montana -- Townsend Limstone Hills (BLM, state, private lands)
North Carolina -- Fort Bragg
New Jersey -- Fort Dix
New York -- Fort Drum, West Point Military Academy
Oklahoma -- Fort Sill
Pennsylvania -- Fort Indiantown Gap
Puerto Rico -- Camp Santiago
South Carolina -- Fort Jackson
Texas -- Fort Bliss, Fort Hood
Virginia -- Fort A.P. Hill, Fort Pickett
Vermont -- Ethan Allen Firing Range, Jericho
Washington -- Camp Bonneville, Fort Lewis, Yakima Firing Center
Wisconsin -- Fort McCoy
Wyoming -- Camp Guernsey (state owned)