1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Sam Goodhope" <Sam.Goodhope@OAG.STATE.TX.US>
Date: 06 Jun 1997 16:05:42
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Tad McCall/Amherst Conference -Reply

Please post if you want:

I agree with Lenny re: Tad. He has been a shiny star in a rather dim
federal facility nightscape. However, he appears to be barking up the
wrong tree on this one. But, I don't know what activities the State was
responsible for or for what exactly the federal government believes the
State is responsible. I can say, however, that the federal facility NRD
issue may soon become a big issue and that the number of cases where
the states will have any responsibility will be minuscule. It is critical that
the States get together to figure out a strategy for ensuring that the
federal government does not shirk its NRD responsibilities either under the
present law or through the backdoor by working through the Armed
Services Committee staff.