1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Dick Miller" <DMiller@gis.net>
Date: 23 Oct 1997 11:23:05
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: RAB mileage

marianne.thaeler@sfsierra.sierraclub.org wrote:

> Because Ft. Bliss straddles the Texas/New Mexico state line boundary
> and has subdivisions along 2-4 range boundary lines, depending on
> who's counting, RAB members have to travel over 140 miles round trip
> to meetings. Can we get some pressure to have mileage reimbursed for
> extreme cases such as this?

The traditional bias of paying the agency members while charging the
public ones has created an aristocratic representation in some cases and
a negligible public representation in others. Fair reimbursement for
bona fide public members should be a given. Measure public
participation success against this yardstick -- and fight for it, even
if YOU can pay the bill.

--Dick Miller <DMiller@gis.net>
 Citizen Member, SSCOM RAB (U.S. Army Natick Laboratories)

A. Richard & Jill A. Miller | MILLER MICROCOMPUTER SERVICES |
Mailto:DMiller@gis.net | 61 Lake Shore Road |
Web: http://www.gis.net/~dmiller | Natick, MA 01760-2099, USA |
Voice: 508/653-6136, 9am-9pm -0400(EDT)| 42 18'00.79" N, 71 22'27.68" W|