1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: VICKY PETERS <HWPETEVL@dolsmtp.dol.state.co.us>
Date: 20 Oct 1997 13:55:43
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Removal Actions

States for many years have been pushing for superfund amendments
that would make military removals subject to regulatory authority. If you
are interested in this issue, I would recommend you contact staff in the
senate committee on Environment and Public Works. I know the
democrats are currently working on a proposed federal facility title. Talk
to Bicky Corman or Barbara Rogers. Also, senators Wyden and Allard
are very interested in federal facility issues, and it's always good to
have your own rep.s weigh in. There are rumours that reauthorization
could go to markup in the senate before the recess in november, so now
would be a good time to register your concerns.

In the house, Dick Frandsen for the dem.s and Fred Eames for the
r's would be good people to talk to. Dick is very familiar with the issue,
and Fred has been recently aquainted.

Also, I am collecting horror stories on this issue, as well as general
federal facility non-compliance, especially invocations of sovereign
immunity. Feel free to contact me too.

Vicky Peters (Colorado A.G.'s office) 303-866-5068