1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Theodore J. Henry" <thenry@umabnet.ab.umd.edu>
Date: 12 Dec 1997 15:06:27
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Lost Information

Is your memory better than mine?

Does anyone remember seeing a posting regarding the following description
or do you have any information onthe issue?

What I thought was within the last year, was an article that came to me
over the internet (I thought this listserver) regarding a hazardous waste
company who recently (1996) had a judgement against them, I think in the
south and I think it was an appeals ruling. The article outlined how this
company bought and sold landfills and failed to follow regulations. I
also recall that this article described how the company would open
subsidiaries and claim them to be financially independent and in turn
should not be responsible for those violations. I believe this company
may have had violations in numerous states over the years. If
anyone knows this case, please respond with any additional information and
forward that article if you have it in your electronic files.

Thanks

Ted