1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Theodore J. Henry" <thenry@umabnet.ab.umd.edu>
Date: 12 Dec 1997 15:09:54
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Airspace

Marianne

I have heard of owning airspace, and it has been described to me as "up to
infinity". The leasing or selling of this space is new to me; I had been
given the impression that the military ownership of airspace would be tied
to DoD's ownership of the land beneath it. I know permission must be
obtained to fly in such air space, so in exchange for such permission
there may be a fee - hence, this could be leasing. I unfortunately am not
familiar with the law that gives the military sky ownership, and the
requirements associated with this ownership, but I assume that one of
the many military representatives on this listserver will be responding to
your request on this level.

I also think it may be good for others on this list to be given a bit more
information about where this foreign training is taking place, as well as
the expansions you speak of.

Hope all is well

Sincerely

Ted Henry