1998 CPEO Military List Archive

From: peter strauss <pstrauss@igc.apc.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 12:06:48 -0800
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Oral Histories

At least at military sites, the IRP process did make an effort to
interview base workers. The Initial Assessments that I have read
contained some information regarding previous practices, based on
interviews with base workers. However, I understand that these
documents were put together in only a few days, which would have allowed
only cursory interviews with site personal and former workers. Can
anyone from the military tell me about the procedures that were used and
how much time and money was spent tracking down former base workers, and
following up leads.

I am less familar with DOE procedures. However, in one case that I am
familar with (LLNL), an extensive report was compiled and was based in
part on extensive interviews with former workers.

Peter Strauss