1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 14:24:02 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Ground-Water Treatment Wastes Valuable Resources

Without, for now, taking a position on the suitability of using as
drinking water treated water from contaminated sites, I want to stress
the importance of testing for and treating all potential contaminants.

In particular, percholorate (from the production of solid rocket fuel)
has been found recently at many military production sites known for
other contamination (such as TCE). The technology for detecting
perchlorate is new, and I'm not sure to what degree conventional water
treatment technologies remove perchlorate from water.

Lenny

c/o PSC, 222B View St., Mountain View, CA 94041
lsiegel@cpeo.org
(PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE PHASING OUT
MY OLD E-MAIL ADDRESS: lsiegel@igc.org)