1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Polly Parks <pparks@igc.apc.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 19:13:07 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Letter to hill for signatures

Following is a letter to the U.S. Congress concerning Section 329 of the
FY2000 Defense Authorization bill.  The section deals with information
release to foreign nations relative to closed U.S. bases.  If you can be a
signatory, please email me back along with organizational affiliation, if
any.  While membership is still in formation, the Host Nations
Environmental Coalition held its first meeting July 14, 1999 at the Army
Navy Club in Washington, D.C.  Representatives from the embassies of ten
nations which have hosted or host U.S. personnel and facilities were in
attendance.  This letter is the first collaborative action to emerge from
the group.

It is imperative this letter reach the U.S. Congress before the August
recess.  If you need additional information about the goals of the HNEC,
the text of the DoD appeal, or the proposed and final text of the
Wellstone Amendment (Section 329), please let me know, as well as whether
you can handle word6 files.

Thanks so much.

Polly Parks, Ex. Dir.
Host Nations Environmental Coalition
1220 19th St., N.W. Suite 400; Washington, D.C. 20036
phone:  202-879-4288; Fax:  202-783-0444; email:  pparks@igc.apc.org