1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: jrosen@pica.army.mil
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:12:59 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: NAS Alameda Point RAB

Yes, we have had presentations on human health ris assessments made to the
RAB to educate them and make recommendations to the EPA and DEP - they do
not have enforcement power though.0

	For more informed - additional information try the following

	Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
	Atlanta GA 30333
	1-888-42ATSDR or
	Home Page at http://atsdr1.atsdr.cdc.gov:8020/

	There service to evaluate health risk is free of charge - careful it is a
government agency and although they are supposed to be advocates of the
Public and use Taxpayer's money, it is a federal agency

	Greg Zalaskus - This person is an expert in the fielf for NJ but I don't
know if he would have to the time to help you out.  He's very knowledge and
nice.  He might be able to give you some guidance.  His email address is
<gzalasku@dep.state.nj.us>

	You should address this guestion to the proper EPA - Regional Office for
your State/area.  That information is free of charge to you - they should
have an email address, so correspondence is work for them, and they get
paid for it, but its free service to you and your RAB.

	Your senator would have an Environmental Expert in his staff who deals
with these types of concerns - I don't know who your senators are but if
you contact their office and write a formal letter to the Senator from the
RAB it will have wait.  You can also ask the senator, or his/her
representative to attend a RAB meeting and address your concern.  Let them
deal with the Navy and Project Manager of the Installation Restoration
Program, it would have more weight than an individual effort alone.  Let
the Senator deal with the Navy.

	Also you need to get your local Congressman, Mayor involved with this
concern and express this concern to your Senators
if your congressman and mayor write to the senator and in addition a letter
from the RAB  - believe me if you do this, this problem will get the
attention it needs.

							Jeanne Rosen

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

Got a Favorite Topic to Discuss?  Start a List at Topica.
http://www.topica.com/t/4