2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marylia@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 10:59:53 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] New on Tri-Valley CAREs' website!

Dear peace and environmental advocates:

Have you visited Tri-Valley CAREs' web site lately? You can find us at
http://www.igc.org/tvc. Our webmeister has posted some new items for your
reading pleasure, including our March 2000 newsletter, Citizen's Watch with
articles about:

* Missile Defense -- how and why it puts the United States and, indeed, the
whole world at risk

* Superfund cleanup -- all about an important May 4th Public Hearing on the
proposed plan to clean up contaminated soil and groundwater resulting from
weapons activities at the Livermore Lab's site 300, located between
Livermore and Tracy, California

* Community calendar, events and more

Also conveniently posted for your reading and downloading pleasure are: (1)
an analysis of the Department of Energy fiscal year 2001 budget request for
nuclear weapons activities; (2) a spiffy graphic (easily downloadable) and
text from which to create your own de-alerting postcards; (3) information
on the National Ignition Facility and other so-called "Stockpile
Stewardship" projects, (4) the complete text of the Community Acceptance
Criteria we developed to guide the Livermore Lab site 300 cleanup, and much
more!

No shirt or shoes required. Nothing to buy. You are invited to visit our
web site anytime.

Peace, Marylia

Marylia Kelley
Tri-Valley CAREs
(Communities Against a Radioactive Environment)
2582 Old First Street
Livermore, CA USA 94550

<http://www.igc.org/tvc/> - is our web site, please visit us there!

(925) 443-7148 - is our phone
(925) 443-0177 - is our fax

Working for peace, justice and a healthy environment since 1983, Tri-Valley
CAREs has been a member of the nation-wide Alliance for Nuclear
Accountability in the U.S. since 1989, and is a co-founding member of the
international Abolition 2000 network for the elimination of nuclear
weapons.

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at

http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

If this email has been forwarded to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a message to:

cpeo-military-subscribe@igc.topica.com
Enlighten your in-box.         http://www.topica.com/t/15