2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marylia@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:54:06 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] New on Tri-Valley CAREs' website!

Dear peace and environmental advocates:

Tri-Valley CAREs is pleased to announce that NEW items have just been
posted to our website at http://www.igc.org/tvc. Check it out and you will
find:

1. Please find NEW, pre-addressed, already laid-out, POSTCARDS with
downloadable art and text for you to send to decision-makers. The postcards
contain the message that the budget for the National Ignition Facility is
continuing to spiral out of control and suggests that the project be cut.
(Add some of your own text, use ours -- download, copy on card stock and
mail some postcards today!)

2. You will find also our June issue of Citizen's Watch, containing news on
such things as:

* NIF -- Sandia Lab Position Paper Calls for Mega-Laser Cuts: We Predict
$10 Billion Price Tag; Renew Call for Cancellation

* Some Updates on the National Missile Defense Quagmire

* Tri-Valley CAREs members Reflections on "DC Days" 2000

* Tri-Valley CAREs members "snapshots" of the Non-Proliferation Treaty
Review Conference

* Abolition 2000 tops the 2000 group mark in May -- AND MORE!

3. You will see easy to access, previous editions of Citizen's Watch, some
of our organization's recent press releases, fact sheets, web links and
MUCH MORE.

Have a pleasant visit to our website!

Peace, Marylia

Marylia Kelley
Tri-Valley CAREs
(Communities Against a Radioactive Environment)
2582 Old First Street
Livermore, CA USA 94550

<http://www.igc.org/tvc/> - is our web site, please visit us there!

(925) 443-7148 - is our phone
(925) 443-0177 - is our fax

Working for peace, justice and a healthy environment since 1983, Tri-Valley
CAREs has been a member of the nation-wide Alliance for Nuclear
Accountability in the U.S. since 1989, and is a co-founding member of the
Abolition 2000 global network for the elimination of nuclear weapons, the
U.S. Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons and the Back From the Brink
campaign to get nuclear weapons taken off hair-trigger alert.