2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 15:29:20 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: [CPEO-MEF] Community panel on McClellan cleanup is dissolved

[Chuck Yarborough asked CPEO to post his message. If you'd like to respond
to Chuck please reply to him at <Charles.Yarbrough@mcclellan.af.mil> --CPEO]

Lenny:

Please Post these E-mails for me.

Thank you,

Chuck Yarbrough
McClellan Air Force Base
Restoration Advisory Board Community Board Member (Phone #(916)643-0633x447)

I sent out my two E-mails before the Community panel on McClellan Air Force
Base cleanup (RAB)was dissolved.  Also, Included is Air Force Col. Charles
Carter's reply to my first E-mail. I could see that McClellan Air Force
Base Officials were about to close the RAB and I had hoped my E-mails would
help stop the closure efforts until all other avenues had been exhausted.
I was not successful but you the reader of these E-mails be the judge!

I should state this is not the first time McClellan AFB closed down its
Community Environmental Committee!  McClellan AFB closed the McClellan AFB
Installation/Restoration Task Force back in 1986 for a period of about nine
months. The Task Force was formed by Congressman Robert Matsui back in the
summer of 1983 because McClellan AFB would not comply with the Health
Agencies commands to stop polluting.