2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: infm30conv@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:43:19 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Response to UXO Access Controls...........

I have been catching up on my email and have been reading with interest the
discussion about access controls.

Here at Ft. Ord they have installed fences and instituted an outreach program
to the local schools bordering the closed base. They have also manned a booth
at our county fair to help spread the word. Further, they have handed
pamphlets by the hundreds (although I do not know yet if they are translated
into Spanish)

Is it enough? In a perfect world no way, but with the limited resources
available it is sufficient. Will it work? I have hope that education will
work and that knowledge of the danger at the base is the best prevention.
Also I agree with the sentiment that the absolute best way to prevent any
accidents is to clean the base up ASAP and as efficiently as possible.
perhaps that would happen here if it wasn't for a few individuals.

Steven