2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marylia@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:23:14 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] NEW on Tri-Valley CAREs' web site

Dear colleagues:

Tri-Valley CAREs' webmeister has returned from a well-deserved vacation.
And, he has posted NEW THINGS for you on our web site at
http://www.igc.org/tvc.

There you will find:

                * Two exciting job opportunities

                * Our August 2000 newsletter with articles on

 -- a new study released by Tri-Valley CAREs outlining alternatives to
Stockpile Stewardship. Written by Dr. Robert Civiak and titled, "Managing
the U.S. Nuclear Weapons Stockpile: A Comparison of Five Strategies," the
full study can also be found on our web site in pdf format;
                        -- the latest mishap in National Missile Defense
testing;
                        -- an Action, in the form of a downloadable letter
for you to send to President Clinton on missile defense; and
                        -- more!

                * Our July 2000 newsletter with articles on

                        -- the National Ignition Facility, including
congressional actions and quotes from scientists decrying the myth that NIF
is needed for maintaining nuclear weapons "safety" or "reliability";
                        -- the proposed new, deep-burrowing mini-nuke,
including  a quote from section 1018 of the Senate Armed Services Committee
Report and quotes for various Drs. Strangelove in favor of mini-nukes;
                        --"Print Bites" on various topics of interest
regarding the nuclear weapons complex, fires, Stockpile Stewardship,
ballistic missile defense and;
                        -- more!

Happy reading. Peace, Marylia

Marylia Kelley
Tri-Valley CAREs
(Communities Against a Radioactive Environment)
2582 Old First Street
Livermore, CA USA 94550

<http://www.igc.org/tvc/> - is our web site, please visit us there!

(925) 443-7148 - is our phone
(925) 443-0177 - is our fax

Working for peace, justice and a healthy environment since 1983, Tri-Valley
CAREs has been a member of the nation-wide Alliance for Nuclear
Accountability in the U.S. since 1989, and is a co-founding member of the
Abolition 2000 global network for the elimination of nuclear weapons, the
U.S. Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons and the Back From the Brink
campaign to get nuclear weapons taken off hair-trigger alert.