2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: iconsigns@aol.com
Date: 26 Jan 2001 18:19:55 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] THANK YOU FOR SAYING NO TO FORT ORD TOXIC BURNINGS!

January 26, 2001

Dear Editor:
I want to thank those who took time out of their busy schedules to protest
the open air burning of hazardous wastes on January 20, at Fort Ord's
Community Open House on Fort Ord near Monterey, CA.

We have many challenges balancing our lives. Taking time to ask our
governments not to hurt our children with poisonous fumes requires a
conscious visionary who realizes our survival depends on our ability to look
ahead to the outcome of what certain actions will cause before they are in
motion, and to change course before the results are injurious.

Burning cancer-causing materials on military training ranges vaporizes them
to gas the size of atoms. Molecules of mercury, lead, plastics and acids
become one with our atmosphere giving our cellular tissues no choice but to
mutate. Explaining why more children die of cancer than any other disease
because the lower the body weight, the higher the dose of chemical
concentrations.

Time is critical. It's time to come forward and join with others concerned
and help stop this scheduled holocaust of smoking cancer causing substances
by the cubic mile before it hits home.

To help and be added to the Army's evacuation list, call Vienna at (831)
384-7658. Thank You.

Christine Bettencourt
Director of Life 2000