2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 12 Feb 2001 17:57:35 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] (clarification) Missile-Range Grazing Stops

http://www.abqjournal.com/news/243736news02-06-01.htm

Tuesday, February 6, 2001

Missile-Range Grazing Stops

The last four paragraphs explain the relevance of this article to the CPEO MEF.

CPEO

Jim Eckles, a spokesman for the range, said it is being fenced to prevent
people "from straying onto government land which may have unexploded ordnance
on it."

Larry Furrow, chief information officer for the range, said the range received
$3.5 million in the fall of 1999 to build or improve fences.

"And there are a couple of reasons why we're doing that," he said. "Number one,
we're doing it to make sure that people don't wander onto the range and
unknowingly injure themselves, and secondly, and just as importantly, we have
to provide a secure missile range."

The money is being used for fences throughout the range, he said. He said
fences also are going up at other Defense Department installations because of
heightened awareness of the need for better security.

End
http://www.abqjournal.com/news/243736news02-06-01.htm