2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: evnjustice@redshift.com
Date: 12 Apr 2001 20:14:21 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF]

Did you know that we are aware of the games that are being played at the
expense of our communities.  At least  spell my name right. It's LeVonne.

You don't know me or anything about me.  I don't know you.  Maybe you did not
read my message carefully, But, you need to.  This is my community, not
yours.  I have attended every clean-up meeting since before the base closed,
in 1993.  I think that I know something about what is going on.  Give me some
credit.

We have spent over $350,000,000.00, supposedly to clean up this facility.
Environmental racism is alive and well.   Members of my community was told to
our face that the reason that the ranges have never been addressed, in the
Seaside area is because the people in seaside never said anything.

The political game playing and all of the development on Fort Ord, and none
of it includes the affected and impacted citizens.  Why aren't you yelling
about CSUMB, Del Rey Oaks, Carmel, or Monterey and what was done to clean the
sites for them.  Between Fish and WildLife and your organization,  (which was
formed not too long ago) , the minority community is a rubber band!

Fish and Wildlife is saying don't use new technology, you will disturb the
bluesymth butterfly, you are saying you are only ones concerned about our
health.  That is a bunch of bull and you know it.  What are your
recommendations?  I have made recommendations.  Or perhaps you just want this
stuff to remain forever?  Children getting into the impact area is NOT an
excuse.  My son attended FITCH school when the kids found 26 explosive
devices with yellow powder coming out of them, and only by the grace of GOD,
they were spared.  Children have been severely injured on this facility from
UXO, and other areas that have not been cleaned.

I am a member of the Community/Tribal Subcommittee for the Board of
Scientific Counselors in Atlanta, health concerns are priority.  What are you
doing, besides your one direction campaign??  Stop accusing people you don't
know and try to find out exactly what is going on??  We are dealing with
entire communities, not only here, but around the country!!

Clarity of Mind and Purpose is Bliss!  One can only achieve this with a pure
heart and truth!

LeVonne Stone
Exe. Director, Fort Ord EJ Network
831-883-1254