2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: 13 Jul 2001 00:46:39 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] UXO at Tobyhanna

Steven has an extremely excellent point about the military having 'their own
laws/power'.  Having done, and occasionally still doing so, paralegal work
which required time within law libraries, I have searched through military
law which is quite different than what civilians must adhere too.  Of course,

this is also true with government and those employed by such.

Though I have been accused of using this site as a personal 'soap box'
regarding my opinions on the Bush Administration, I will stand firm that, as
you pointed out, each administration has a duty to the people of this land to

create or modify existing history and laws (Reagan's signing EPA's death
certificate to sue the military is fact in point).  Though I have no faith in

the current administration I continue to have hope in those who understand
the serious consequences we all are facing due to chemical contamination and
that the responsible parties who have/continue to pollute will be held
accountable for cleanup.  It would be 'nice' to have the 'head' of the
military (President Bush in this case) be the first one to take that
responsibility serious.

Stella